Sunday, June 12, 2005

Exams, and tribute to my dad.

Oh gawd. I've got just so many exams coming up, until I don't know which one I should prepare first. 20th June is my summative accessment 2, followed by my End of Semester examinations on July 4th & 5th, plus my Grade 8 drums exams on the following week, AND also my Japanese course Intermediate-I exam. Haih~

I think I'll just scrape my idea of having a day off on 20th May right after my summative accessment 2. T_____T

But then, next sunday is Father's day, and I haven't gotten anything for my dad yet. All these years, I've always taken my father for granted and never bought anything for him other than cards on occasions. This year, I want to make it a point to get something nice for him, something that'll make him feel appreciated and bring a smile upon his face. I owe him this much at least, after so many years of putting up with my antics and disobeyment.

He's not young anymore, and I don't know how many years more he'll be around for me, care for me, to see that I'll get through the rocky journey of life ahead smoothly. Thank you, thank you so much for sacrificing practically everything for my wellbeing, just to see me succeed in life.

Therefore, I've decided, even with all my exams on my doorstep, I'll find some time tomorrow to Sunway Pyramid and get a nice little pressie for him. :-)

Thanks a lot to Karen (my drums teacher) who reminded me about this matter. You're right; I should assure him that I'm capable of standing on my own feet now and that he doesn't have to worry about me every single minute and second of the day anymore. It is time for me to spread my wings and fly, to venture out towards the tranquil waters ahead, without you on my side, guiding and carpeting my every step. And if, IF everything EVER fails, I'll always be rest assured that you'll be there waiting for my return on the distant shore, hands out-stretched, to soften my fall with your tender loving care.

Thank you, daddy. Thank you. I'm blessed to have you by my side.

I love you, daddy.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home