Friday, August 12, 2005

Choking in the Dust.



Haze.

How I hate 'em.

Funny though I've never been really bothered when the same crisis hit Malaysia in 1997.

Now, I'm so pissed off with the whole blurry sky, dusty air, ithcy throat, and sore eyes.

Maybe because when this stupid haze slammed the daylight right out of the whole country this year, I already have pre-arranged plans which require me to run back and forth around Kajang, PJ & KL.

Hmmm, sounds a lot like a love triangle to me. =D

The situation have been worsening day by day, and I let out a sigh of relief TODAY when I woke up to the bright rays of sun creeping into my bedroom.

At least, today, I can see the sun.

And thank god the API in the two areas declared as emergency dropped further again today from 531 to 293 in Kuala Selangor 529 to 314 in Port Klang.

However, sad to say, the API on other areas are still on the rise....although now. we can at least see the sun. Especially in Shah Alam, which currently has the highest API of 412. Meanwhile, KL's API has risen to 365, PJ's to 363, and Country Heights, Kajang to 259.

And I thought today the API would have dropped. But I was gravely wrong. Probably this is because API is not measured solely on the level of dust particles in our air, but also nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide and multiple other gases dangerous to our fragile body.

Hope this haze disaster will clear up soon. We're all choking in the dust....

**All API readings are taken at 11am, 12th August 2005.

Links:
Current API readings from Department of Environment
API readings on 11th Aug hit an all time high (Bernama)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home